HERE FOR GOOD
The Alpha Omega chapter was first installed at the University of Arkansas on October 11, 1930 as the 45th active collegiate chapter of the Delta Gamma Fraternity.
From 1930-1992, more than 1,400 Razorbacks were initiated into this sisterhood. In 1992, when Delta Gamma and other NPC organizations across North America were faced with a decline in membership numbers, Delta Gamma made the impossibly difficult decision to close the Alpha Omega chapter with the hope of returning home when to the U of A when the time was right.
The pictured Arkansas Delta Gamma women waited a long time to see more sisters' names etched into Senior Walk and to celebrate Bid Day with new Delta Gamma sisters. No Alpha Omega alumnae lost hope in seeing their chapter return to campus. Alpha Omega re-installed at the University of Arkansas on September 11, 2016 and welcomed 252 new members to the sisterhood.